Our current average house is compounding global overheating with excessive, long-lasting emissions, Newsroom reports. Lindsay Wood looks at how we could make our housing more climate-friendly, noting that most houses blow their entire 90-year carbon budget twice over just in construction, and without anyone even living in them (green). Dean Kimpton’s summary of the supply chain issue also encapsulated the decarbonisation challenge. “There’s a new normal now,” he said, “and we’ve got to figure this one out”.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday