Waiheke Island local board has informed the Government it will support the island welcoming visitors again, once the rest of the country entered the new ‘traffic light’ framework, Stuff reports. That means Aucklanders will not be able to travel to Waiheke Island for day trips, exercise, and recreation until then. Chairwoman Cath Handley said the ban has helped the island in lifting the vaccination rates, with Waiheke reaching 90% for first doses on Wednesday.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’