A truck became wedged into a home after veering off a road in north Auckland on Tuesday morning, Stuff reports. The vehicle had been travelling north on Dairy Flat Hwy, in Albany, before it hit a bridge pillar and left the road. It travelled down a bank before crashing into the side of a two-storey building. There are no serious injuries, but police said the truck was currently embedded in the building and couldn’t be removed until the structure of the building had been checked and deemed safe. The bridge structure also needs to be checked by engineers.
- Bank CEO on how Kiwis can prepare financially and mentally for 2022
- No ‘downward trend’ in pedestrian, cyclist deaths on Auckland roads
- Delta has become a Māori pandemic, Waitangi Tribunal hearing told
- Regional Parks to receive Māori names and share history
- Nutritionist calls on fast-food chains to display easy to interpret warning signs