A woman who attempted to appeal to New Zealand’s highest court to gain admission to medical school has failed in her bid, Stuff reports. Kelly Alexandra Roe applied for admission to the University of Auckland’s bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery (MBChB) in 2019 and 2020, but was denied both times. Roe bought legal action against the university but failed at both the High Court and Court of Appeal. She also claimed the university did not have the right to set minimum academic standards for admission or entry requirement to domestic students 20 or older.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’