An in-principle decision by the Government to move Auckland next Wednesday to Level 3/Step 2 makes some of New Zealand’s COVID-19 experts nervous, Newshub reports. “I am very nervous about the step down to step two in Auckland, as we have yet to see the full impact of senior students returning to school on transmission,” says University of Auckland Associate Professor Siouxsie Wiles. Prof Wiles also expressed her concerns for the people who have been safely vaccinated but who haven’t had a good immune response.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday