The best Christmas present we can give Auckland is a 90 per cent vaccination rate across the country, says Stuff. As the weeks of lockdown grind on for Auckland it feels like the rest of the country is increasingly hardened to and disconnected from the pain that their fellow New Zealanders up north are shouldering on our behalf. We’ve become polarised and divided; a country of two halves – the locked down and the rest. The strategy is now almost wholly dependent on vaccinations protecting most of us and the health system from being overwhelmed. So let’s all do our best to give Aucklanders a well-deserved early Christmas present by hitting those vaccine targets.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday