An economist says retail is set for a ‘pretty good rebound’, with one major caveat – we haven’t eliminated Delta. Many cafes have remained closed during Auckland’s lockdown, Newshub reveals. “There’s only so much turnover you’re going to get,” said one cafe owner. “The city’s a ghost town at the moment.” One Auckland hairdresser said the uncertain leap into the new system is proving tricky for knowing when to begin bookings again. Auckland business association CE Viv Beck said it would not be until the traffic light system reached green that things would really change.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday