Auckland hairdressers anticipated a rush of customers as they opened their salon doors on Thursday for the first time since August, Stuff reports. Some hair salons even opened at 11.59pm on Wednesday. “I think people love the experience of coming at midnight and to get a little bit of the rush,” said Hussein Al Salman, owner of Dr Scissors Barber and Beauty Salon in Ōrewa. Al Salman said the salon has between 800 and 1000 haircuts to get through before Saturday night.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday