Auckland’s move towards a clean green bus fleet has taken its biggest step forward with an agreement to bring 152 electric buses onto routes serving the inner city, Stuff reports. The deal is described as the biggest in Australasia, and has been struck between Auckland Transport, (AT) and operator NZ Bus which already has electric buses on the downtown City Link run. The 152 replacement electric buses was expected to reduce AT’s greenhouse gas emissions by around 11% a year – equivalent to almost 10,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday