Carbon and forestry, increasingly linked to overseas investors, continue to outmuscle sheep and beef but nothing about carbon is simple, Interest reports. For those who are farming sheep and beef there is the disconcerting reality, but in some cases exciting reality, that carbon farming is now the most profitable land use. Reportedly, almost all sheep and beef farms currently coming on to the market are being snapped up by current and prospective foresters. These overseas investors, typically from Europe, have low capitalisation rates and hence can easily outbid the locals.
- Bank CEO on how Kiwis can prepare financially and mentally for 2022
- No ‘downward trend’ in pedestrian, cyclist deaths on Auckland roads
- Delta has become a Māori pandemic, Waitangi Tribunal hearing told
- Regional Parks to receive Māori names and share history
- Nutritionist calls on fast-food chains to display easy to interpret warning signs