Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced vaccination will be mandated in any workplace that requires a certificate of vaccination for entry, RNZ reports. Ardern said the government wants everyone to move towards the new ‘traffic light’ system, and said vaccination rates need to increase, adding it is the “best way to give certainty to business and to our communities”. “If customers must be vaccinated, then so too, must the workers,” she said.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday