Josephine Bartley has made it her mission to get more South Aucklanders vaccinated, The Spinoff reveals. The Auckland councillor has been an ever-present ball of energy at pop-up vaccination sites around the city, doling out encouragement, entertainment and treats to those waiting for their jab. Last month she made headlines after calling for vaccinations to be carried out while people lined up for KFC. She says she’s also keen to run a singles-only vaccine event to help those looking for love and Covid protection in one place. Bartley is currently planning an event for Black Power’s Auckland chapters to get their jab.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday