A Pasifika vaccine event in south Auckland’s Manukau has seen 7042 people get their Covid-19 jabs in six days, Stuff reports. South Seas Healthcare’s youth arm, Bubblegum, ran the event, with bubbles, toys, sports gear and food parcels among the joys shared. Youth development lead Sonya Masoe said people were getting vaccinated for their families. Auckland councillor Josephine Bartley and local board member Tauanu’u Nick Bakulich were on site helping, and Mayor Phil Goff congratulated the staff on their nonstop efforts.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions