A second man has been charged with murdering a teen who died after arriving at Middlemore Hospital with critical injuries, Stuff reports. Misiona Talafu Petelo, aged 19, from Papatoetoe, died following a shooting incident which occurred earlier on Massey Road in Māngere on October 16. Detective Senior Sergeant Kevin Tiernan said police had continued to investigate Petelo’s death and this resulted in the arrest of a second man on Wednesday. The pair have now been jointly charged with Petelo’s murder, Tiernan said.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday