The Royal New Zealand Ballet has cancelled most of its upcoming performances of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Stuff reports. This includes Auckland’s Dec 2-5 performances at the Aotea Centre. “For our dancers, performing to an audience is everything – it is what drives their passion. We are deeply disappointed we will not be touring this beautiful production across the nation as planned,” said RNZB artistic director Patricia Barker. However, “There are plans to film and broadcast the production before Christmas,” RNZB executive director Lester McGrath said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions