Tina Ngata says there urgent discussions and plans that we need to carry out, at a community level, for whānau, hapū, marae, and kura. On The Spinoff, Ngata encourages communities to have a Covid care plan for if someone contracts the virus, to plan ahead regarding tangihanga, and to consider how to safely open a marae. “The safest community is a community that is well informed, well vaccinated, and well masked,” Ngata says, offering further information and resources on her website.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday