People are spending more time on devices, Newhubs reports, and an online security company is warning Kiwis of cybercriminal threats. In the last three months, over five million cyberthreats were blocked, with technology support scams being the most prevalent form of phishing in Aotearoa. The scams have become more effective during the COVID-19 pandemic as people increasingly rely on their devices to manage their work and family schedules. “Awareness is the best defence against these targeted attacks,” says Darren Shou, head of technology at NortonLifeLock.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday