NZ Post has hired an extra 800 workers in the last seven weeks, but says it needs another 300, Stuff reports. But E tū union is concerned about the Covid-19 risks of bringing on large numbers of temporary workers. People are extremely nervous. NZ Post has had five cases, and four of them were temporary staff,” Joe Gallagher, E tū union negotiator, said. On a normal week, the state-owned postal service delivered about 1.6 million parcels. That number was now more than 2 million a week. But over the Christmas period numbers are expected to top 2.4 million parcels a week.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’