NZ Post has hired an extra 800 workers in the last seven weeks, but says it needs another 300, Stuff reports. But E tū union is concerned about the Covid-19 risks of bringing on large numbers of temporary workers. People are extremely nervous. NZ Post has had five cases, and four of them were temporary staff,” Joe Gallagher, E tū union negotiator, said. On a normal week, the state-owned postal service delivered about 1.6 million parcels. That number was now more than 2 million a week. But over the Christmas period numbers are expected to top 2.4 million parcels a week.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions