Leading epidemiologists say everyone in New Zealand should plan to encounter Covid-19 before Christmas, RNZ reports. Professor Michael Baker said: “All New Zealanders should plan to encounter this virus in the next couple of months and act accordingly, and the number one thing… get vaccinated.” Covid-19 modeller and professor Michael Plank agreed: “It’s really important that we don’t just wave the white flag… that would be disastrous.” What worried Plank most was if Aotearoa ended up in a situation with immense pressure on the health care systems and a struggle to cope with the impact.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions