Sunfield – a “carless” neighbourhood two minutes from Papakura Station – will knock 20% off the average cost of Auckland housing by building fewer roads, developers say. The 5000 homes in the Winton development won’t have driveways or garages, but residents will be able to take advantage of an electric shuttle service, Stuff reports. The layout encourages residents to use greener modes of transport, such as walking, cycling or scooting. The connectedness will also boost locals’ health and wellbeing, Winton chief executive Chris Meehan said.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid