Sunfield – a “carless” neighbourhood two minutes from Papakura Station – will knock 20% off the average cost of Auckland housing by building fewer roads, developers say. The 5000 homes in the Winton development won’t have driveways or garages, but residents will be able to take advantage of an electric shuttle service, Stuff reports. The layout encourages residents to use greener modes of transport, such as walking, cycling or scooting. The connectedness will also boost locals’ health and wellbeing, Winton chief executive Chris Meehan said.
- Aucklanders warned against swimming at Oakley Creek waterfall
- Brian Tamaki bail appeal: Will be released from prison ‘very shortly’
- Warning for consumers after spike in food poisoning from undercooked shellfish
- Seal pup rescued from Westfield train depot
- Kiwi doctors use high-speed genetic testing to diagnose critically-ill Auckland baby