The government has unveiled a plan to move Auckland out of its lengthy lockdown, and The Spinoff has summarised all the important info for Aucklanders. Step One, coming into effect from midnight Tuesday, manages outdoor meet-ups, outdoor recreation and early childhood education. Step Two extends the parameter to shops, pools and zoos (public spaces), and Step Three further includes hospitality, hairdressers and gatherings of up to 50. “In total, this phasing amounts to a careful and methodical transition plan for Auckland,” said PM Jacinda Ardern.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions