A homicide investigation is underway after a 69-year-old man died following an assault in his home in Māngere East, RNZ reports. He was critically injured in the assault and transported to Middlemore Hospital where he died on Sunday night. A 58-year-old man has been charged with wounding with intent in relation to the assault, and was scheduled to appear in Manukau District Court on Monday. Police say further charges may be laid and the investigation is ongoing.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday