Auckland Transport (AT) is asking for feedback on proposed speed limit changes to 800 roads around the region, Stuff reports. The proposed changes involve 462 roads near 57 schools, and 208 rural roads. AT road safety engineering manager Michael Brown said new limits would support safer travel speeds which were “appropriate for the function, design and use of the roads”. “Research shows there is strong community support for speed limit changes with 78 per cent of people supporting speed reductions around schools,” Brown said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions