Covid-19 lockdowns have highlighted the different approach employers have taken to support their staff during lockdowns, Stuff reveals. In August, Farmers asked senior staff in its Flat Bush head office to take a 20% pay cut if they did not return to the office at Level 3. The pay cut came on top of a 60% cut during the alert level 4 lockdown in April last year for senior head office staff. During the current lockdown, the remaining staff were doing the work of at least two to three people. “No thanks was ever given, we were only ever told we could always do better,” an anonymous worker said.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday