The Transport Accident Investigation Commission (TAIC) has launched an inquiry into the tragic boating accident that left three men dead and one fighting for his life in Auckland’s Manukau Harbour on Saturday, Newshub reports. Emergency services were notified that a boat with four people on board had overturned near the Manukau Heads bar. The Commission has appointed a dedicated investigation team to lead the inquiry, which is seeking any wreckage, securing electronic records – including photos, videos, and location data on people’s cell phones – and also interviewing witnesses.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday