As the deadline for education workers to get the vaccine approaches, principals and teachers want clarity from the Government on what this will mean for the sector, Newsroom reports. Teachers and other support staff who work on school grounds will need to get their first jab by November 15, and be fully vaccinated by New Year’s to keep working in their current capacity. But NZEI Te Riu Roa President Liam Rutherford said there was frustration around how long the public health order was taking to come out; he said the union backs the science, but would like more information around the testing regime.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday