Auckland’s Santa Parade and NZ’s largest cycling event are the latest activities to be disrupted by the Covid Delta outbreak, RNZ reveals. The Christmas parade in Auckland has been cancelled for the first time in decades, and in a statement organisers said Santa has been hit by Covid delays and can not arrive earlier than Christmas Eve. Santa Parade chair Michael Barnett said the parade will be back bigger and better in 2022. Meanwhile, New Zealand’s largest cycling event, the BDO Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge, has been postponed.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday