A man in his 50s who died of Covid-19 at Middlemore Hospital was a member of the Māngere’s church cluster, Stuff reports. Maungakiekie-Tāmaki ward councillor Josephine Bartley said it was heartbreaking, and a reminder not to be complacent about Covid-19. “I believe his wife is also [in hospital] in critical condition. That’s going to be devastating for their community.” Mayor Phil Goff said the death showed just how much of a danger Covid-19 posed – and the need for all eligible Aucklanders to get vaccinated. “Our support and sympathy is with their family and friends at this very difficult time,” Goff said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions