Christmas in the Park has been cancelled for Aucklanders for the second year in a row, Stuff reports. The free outdoor concert usually attracts tens of thousands of Kiwi families between Christchurch’s Hagley Park and the Auckland Domain. But uncertainty around Covid restrictions meant organisers made the decision to cancel the North Island’s December 11 event. ”We’re extremely disappointed to have to cancel the Auckland show for a second year in a row,” organisers said. The annual event first started in 1994 and has raised millions of dollars for New Zealand charities, and for the last fourteen years has partnered with Youthline to help support young people.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’