Auckland is the country’s most expensive market, Stuff reports, but Homes.co.nz’s October analysis found 10 suburbs where more than 10% of this year’s sales were under $500,000: Auckland Central, Grafton, Newmarket, Manukau, Otahuhu, Ponsonby, East Tamaki, Wiri, Freemans Bay and Eden Terrace. Homes.co.nz chief data scientist Tom Lintern said suburbs with a high proportion of apartments and terraced housing, such as Auckland Central and Grafton, had more affordable options and therefore always had more sales for under the median value.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions