Auckland is the country’s most expensive market, Stuff reports, but Homes.co.nz’s October analysis found 10 suburbs where more than 10% of this year’s sales were under $500,000: Auckland Central, Grafton, Newmarket, Manukau, Otahuhu, Ponsonby, East Tamaki, Wiri, Freemans Bay and Eden Terrace. Homes.co.nz chief data scientist Tom Lintern said suburbs with a high proportion of apartments and terraced housing, such as Auckland Central and Grafton, had more affordable options and therefore always had more sales for under the median value.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids