A road rager who pursued a young family for 10 minutes before shooting at the family’s car has had his jail sentence thrown out, NZ Herald reveals. Dekota Chase Simpson will instead serve a sentence of home detention after a jail sentence imposed at Manukau District Court was quashed. The road rage incident took place on May 10th last year, on the Southwestern Motorway (SH20) heading north. Simpson “leaned out of the front passenger window of the car with the shotgun all the way out of the window and pointed it at the adult victims.” He fired a shot, striking the front bumper of the victims’ car, which also carried two child passengers.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions