An Auckland restaurant is offering up its outdoor garden space to be booked out as a private picnic venue from tomorrow – but it comes at a cost and patrons will have to bring their own food, NZ Herald reveals. A maximum of 10 people from one bubble only can rent the space at Midnight Gardener on Ponsonby Rd for $100 for a two-hour session. “A lot of people living in apartments in the city feel that they’re still technically being locked down in their own homes,” says owner Luke Dallow. Midnight Gardener will be opening its picnic option between noon and 11pm every day until Auckland moves into alert level 2.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions