Solicitor Jesse Seang Ty Nguy has been struck off after he failed to settle on a client’s property purchase, instead using their funds to pay off his debts, Stuff reveals. Nguy did not dispute charges he used large sums of money that had been paid into his trust account to cover the renovation of his Devonport property and settle debts with barristers. Nguy was charged with failing to hold trust money exclusively for his clients, and failing to account to those clients. He was also charged with obstructing the Auckland Standards Committee for not allowing its inspector access to his offices.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday