An Auckland couple has refused to let lockdown stop their wedding and tied the knot under strict level 3 restrictions, Stuff reports. Newlyweds Emma and Tom Hunt said, “We just wanted to start our lives together.” The Westmere couple celebrated with Emma’s parents, one friend each, their pastor, celebrant, photographer, and the venue owner. Despite not being the day the couple had planned, they said it was “really special” to celebrate. The newlyweds are planning to head down to visit Tom’s parents in the South Island as part of their honeymoon when Auckland moves to level 2.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions