Acclaimed chef Ben Bayly is launching a meal kit box service as his restaurant Ahi, recently named among the top 10 restaurants in Metro’s annual top 50 Auckland restaurants list, struggles for survival during Auckland’s ongoing lockdown, Stuff reports. “There are two sides [to the boxes]: Trying not to waste beautiful vegetables, but also, what are we going to do to survive? We’re just trying to stem the bleeding,” Bayly said. “All of hospo is in a desperate situation.” He said the government wasn’t doing enough to support the hospitality industry and he felt “like a second class citizen”.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions