A hotel and restaurant operator with properties in Auckland and the Bay of Islands has decided it will take only guests who are fully vaccinated from November, Newsroom reveals. The Hotel Britomart, including its restaurant Kingi, is introducing a vaccine mandate ahead of any government licence to do so. General manager Clinton Farley said they were taking the position to keep their staff and guests safe. He said the legal ramifications have been considered and the decision to introduce a vaccine mandate was not taken lightly. However, many business owners do not want to carry the legal risk and are waiting on government advice.
- Bank CEO on how Kiwis can prepare financially and mentally for 2022
- No ‘downward trend’ in pedestrian, cyclist deaths on Auckland roads
- Delta has become a Māori pandemic, Waitangi Tribunal hearing told
- Regional Parks to receive Māori names and share history
- Nutritionist calls on fast-food chains to display easy to interpret warning signs