Almost 80 homes were significantly damaged in last week’s West Auckland storms, NZ Herald reports, with Auckland Council stating entry to four homes is completely banned. Those dwellings were uninhabitable or had significant structural compromise. “Last week’s flooding added an extra level of stress to what was already a difficult time, and my thoughts continue to be with those whose homes and businesses were affected,” Mayor Phil Goff said. He said flooding victims who needed assistance, advice or support, could call the council on 0800 22 22 00.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions