Two cancer patients have recounted their recent daily visits to Auckland Hospital to RNZ – describing the lack of strict rules as distressing, Newshub reports. Under alert level 4, hospitals around the country have only been letting visitors in on compassionate grounds, but Auckland hospitals are letting in two visitors per patient. Nursing and professional services manager Kate Weston said there is also worry about poor visitor behaviour, including people refusing to wear masks and turning up in groups.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions