While authorities struggle to define what people need, retailers are dying, Stuff reports. Retail NZ chief executive Greg Harford said many retailers were hampered by the Government’s decisions around what was deemed essential. Harford said retailers’ sentiments towards lockdown were worsening as time went by. “People are much less positive now than they were a month ago and there are businesses who are going to struggle to survive this.” The Government wouldn’t be drawn on the justifications on why some items were considered essential when other similar items weren’t.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions