The fun never stops at Rainbow’s End – until it absolutely has to, The Spinoff discovers. In level four, the park which usually draws anywhere between 1,500 and 1,800 guests a day, is empty. While the administrative and planning teams continue their normal work, much of the workload for front-facing workers goes into training and upskilling online. In the two weeks of lockdown that have passed, the park’s 277 staff have completed a whopping 6,061 individual training modules. From level three, the park can open within 24 hours’ notice, and the park still plans to launch its City Strike Laser Tag Arena (zombie themed!) in October.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions