Aucklanders are going to extreme lengths to be at the front of the queue for their KFC fix when COVID-19 alert levels drop on Tuesday night – with some seemingly willing to camp out the night to get it. Newshub reveals a video posted on TikTok shows a small tent set up outside one Auckland KFC restaurant, said to be in Papakura. If 2020 is anything to go by, takeaway outlets are in for a busy day on Wednesday. When New Zealand’s first alert level 4 lockdown eased to level 3 last year, restaurants faced an onslaught of customers as Kiwis queued early for their fast food fix.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions