Auckland Council announces that the last three stages of the Wai Horotiu Queen Street Project – from Customs Street to Mayoral Drive – have been delivered in one cohesive design. “Managing the potential conflict between pedestrians and wheeled mobility is challenging the minds of urban designers around the world. Seeking to address it in this way in Auckland’s premier street, in my view, is a good solution,” says Rachel de Lambert, landscape architect and a member of Auckland Council’s Urban Design Panel. The design gives Queen Street a distinctly green feel with planters filled with native plants creating an understory.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions