Northland iwi leaders are concerned the health of Tai Tokerau residents is at risk by people breaching Auckland’s alert level 4 lockdown rules to escape north, Stuff reveals. Just days after an Auckland couple allegedly flew to Wanaka in breach of lockdown, police have revealed three other incidents where people have broken Auckland’s strict rules to flee into Northland. All the accused were remanded in custody following their arrests, and Northland commander Superintendent Tony Hill said anyone deliberately breaching the restrictions may be prosecuted.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid