It’s a risky business for our native birds to move about the region, Auckland Council says, but there is a plan to make it safer. Pest Free Auckland focuses on the suppression of pest animals and plants to create a secure environment for our wildlife to thrive. Fruther resources include tips on planting native trees and bushes to encourage bird life, how to clear your backyard of pest plants, and where you can join a community conservation group.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions