A high-ranking police officerand a junior navy sailor are being investigated, RNZ reports, both for crossing the Auckland boundary without exemptions in two separate incidents, each to attend a burial. Police Minister Poto Williams said it was disappointing an inspector was under investigation and it appeared to be an isolated case. Meanwhile, the defence force says the junior sailor, who is fully vaccinated, travelled out of the region last weekend, but the Navy is now investigating the incident and the regional health authority has been informed.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions