A man infected with Covid-19 escaped an Auckland MIQ facility on Thursday morning and has been charged with breaking lockdown rules, RNZ reports. The man was arrested at an Ōtāhuhu address by police in full PPE gear, after he left the Novotel & Ibis in Ellerslie without permission. The man appeared in the Auckland District Court via a video link on Thursday afternoon, and a judge bailed him to return to a managed quarantine facility. Police said the man’s family have been “extremely cooperative”.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions