Reopening Auckland early childhood centres when the region moves to alert level 3 could lead to a fresh Covid-19 outbreak, Stuff reports. Dr Mike Bedford, an expert in health in early childhood education (ECE) and senior tutor at Massey University, said it was “inexcusable” to open centres where there was evidence of community transmission. “It would have to be one of the highest risk environments.” Centres outside Auckland have already opened with precautions, but Bedford says it’s a different situation in Auckland.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions