A man has been given an infringement notice after using his travel exemption to cross the Auckland border to buy a boat, Stuff reveals. The man was stopped at the Coal Hill Rd checkpoint near Mangawhai as he attempted to return to Northland after buying a boat in Auckland on Tuesday. Police gave the man an infringement notice and reported the matter to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE). The border operations are mostly “running smoothly”, with about 1% of vehicles being turned around.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions