A person who presented to Middlemore Hospital’s Emergency Department on Thursday has tested positive for Covid-19, Stuff reports. The patient was assessed in the emergency department and spent a short amount of time in the Adult Short Stay ward before making the decision to self-discharge. They did not have symptoms, said they had not been in contact with anyone with the virus, and had not visited any locations of interest. The person is now isolating under the management of public health, and Middlemore Hospital is currently assessing the risk of exposure.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions