Auckland is hoping to move down to alert level 3 from midnight Tuesday, if Monday’s Cabinet meeting brings good news, Stuff reports. But PM Jacinda Ardern says the rest of the country won’t move down from level 2 until Auckland’s Delta outbreak is brought to heel. Meanile, University of Otago epidemiologist Michael Baker warns that stopping transmission among essential workers and in deprived households is an effort that could take weeks.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions